Marine Grade Plywood
Marine grade plywood is of an even better quality than BWR grade, and used in conditions where the plywood is sure to get a prolonged exposure to extreme weather conditions such as even being submerged in water. It is the ideal choice for building ships, boats and other such marine applications.
What makes Marine ply so strong and water resistant, is the use of excellent quality wood veneers for making the plywood, and the use of un-extended (meaning undiluted) phenolic resins. The resin Phenol formaldehyde is in fact a synthetic plastic resin, and that greatly increases the water proofing quality of Marine plywood. On the other hand in BWR grade plywood, extenders are added to the resin, and it is diluted before using it to glue the plies together.
In the case of home furniture requirements using waterproof BWR grade exterior plywood is usually considered to be good enough, and the costlier Marine grade plywood is usually not used for such a purpose.
1. Better waterproofing.
2. Can be submerged in water for at least 72 hours without damage.
3. Undiluted Phenol formaldehyde resin is used for bonding the plies to each other.
4. Exterior grade for extreme weather conditions.
5. Used in boat-building and other marine applications.
6. Indian standards specification for Marine plywood is detailed in document IS: 710
We BoardsIndia, manufacture the following types of BWP ISI 710 Grade plywood with Hardwood like 100% Gurjan, Semi Gurjan, Eucalyptus, Hardwood Mixed Veneer Cores and with unextended PF resin bonding - 4 mm, 6 mm, 9 mm, 12 mm, 16 mm, 19 mm in 8'x4' and custom sized as per customer requirements
• BWP grade Plywood with Gurjan Face Veneer - C+ grade
• Gurjan Plywood with Life Long Warranty